CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Long weekend

Well it's considered a long weekend for me though, because Monday I have no paper to attend because it's the mother tongue paper. So yeah relaxing is good

Yesterday I burned my hand. I was going to fry a fish to eat with my pasta, so I heated up the stove and the oil was in the pan. I think I left it on for too long that's why when I went to put the fish in, the hot oil splatter and landed on my hand! from the knuckle of my thumb to my wrist. It hurt like a bitch! I iced it for several hours and I could still feel the burn. But thank god it was okay before the engagement party.

Anyways it was my cousin Aini's engagement party yesterday. Actually I don't know many of my relatives that's why it felt a little awkward for me. Especially when we were walking down the stretch of men that lined up outside the house! I felt so awkward because they were all staring at me. I don't know whether it was good or bad but I was definitely intimidated! We had dinner there and I conversed with a few of my cousins that I was close with. Sigh, but there's one of my cousins which I'd like to get to know him because he seems nice, but he intimidates me.

Most of my cousins are older than me. I'm most likely the youngest out of all of them. And there are A LOT of them...

The engagement party was quite alright but it was definitely different from the ones in Australia. Over there, there'd be plenty of games and jokes, but here it's rather formal with having photography and formal meetings with people.

Overall it's exposure to different cultures and it's a good way to learn something new.

0 comments: